Kidney stones are collections of hard minerals and salt that form inside the kidneys. Kidney stones can be caused by a variety of factors, including diet, obesity, certain health problems, and specific supplements and drugs. Through your kidneys to your bladder, kidney stones can harm any component of your urinary tract. When urine gets diluted, minerals crystallize and bind together, resulting in stones, you will have to consult the kidney stone doctors.
Kidney stones can be indeed very painful to discharge, but if caught early enough, they usually do not cause serious damage. To clear a kidney stone, you may only need to take pain medicines and drink plenty of water, depending on your circumstances.
If your urologist detects you have a kidney stone, you may be subjected to diagnostic testing such as:
- Blood Test: Blood examinations that search for high calcium or uric acid levels in your blood, as well as disease, hyperparathyroidism, or dehydration, to determine the condition of your kidneys.
- Urine Test: Check your urine to see if you’re expelling too many stone-forming minerals or not enough stone-preventing minerals. Blood and microorganisms are also detected.
- Imaging: To find kidney stones in your urinary tract, diagnostic procedures such as abdominal X-rays, computerized tomography (CT scan), ultrasound, or intravenous pyelogram (IVP) are used.
- Examination of Passing Stones: Analysis of passing stones to discover the cause of your kidney stones so that you can receive a personalized treatment strategy.
Within six weeks, nearly 90% of all stones will exit the kidney, move through the ureter, and be expelled when you pee. If you’ve had one or even more kidney stones before, your recurrence risk is 14% following one year and 35% beyond five years. It is critical to avoid future stones. When it happens, it is highly advisable to make an appointment with kidney stone doctors.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Severe cramps and pain in the side and back are frequent kidney stone symptoms. Sometimes, this discomfort travels to the lower abdomen or groyne. The pain usually comes on suddenly and in waves. As the body works to get free of the stone, it may appear and then go. When these symptoms may persist to anyone around you, kindly connect with our kidney stone doctors now.
Other kidney stone symptoms include:
- An excessive need to urinate
- Peeing more frequently or experiencing a burning sensation while urinating
- Blood in the urine causes it to be dark or red. Small numbers of red blood cells in pee can frequently be detected with the naked human eye.
- Vomiting and nausea
- Men may experience soreness near the head of the penis.
Changes in Lifestyle to Avoid Kidney Stones
A kidney stone specialist is likely to recommend a mixture of changes in lifestyle and medicines. A dietician may be recommended to assist you in developing a balanced eating plan that lowers your chances of kidney stones.
Minimize your sodium and animal protein consumption, particularly red beef. You may be required to limit high-oxalate meals including cherries, beets, rhubarb, greens, Swiss chard, sweet potatoes, dried peas and beans, almonds, tea, chocolate, and soy protein. Lemons, limes, and oranges should all be included in your diet. Citrate, a molecule found in lemonade made with actual lemon juice, helps to prevent kidney stones.
To Dilute, Drink:
Drinking enough water during the day is one of the most effective ways to lower the possibility of new stone development. kidney stone doctors often advise passing 2.6 quarts of pee every day. Try to have light, clear pee.
Supplements with Calcium:
Calcium pills, rather than high-calcium diets, raise the risk of stones in some persons. Consult your kidney stone doctors.
To avoid your specific type of stone from returning, your kidney stone specialist doctor may recommend a drug that alters the chemical content of your urine.
When you face a kidney problem, Dr.Dushyant Pawar is a specialist and accessible specialist in the evaluation and treatment of a variety of urinary disorders. In the major situations of kidney stones, we also provide kidney stone removal surgery. Book your appointment with a well-known urologist surgeon in Ahmedabad.